Five Reasons Why...
1. When I first began using the Internet to research adopting from China, I came across Julie's, Lisa's, Alison's, and Shana's blogs and I was inspired by them. As singles, Julie, Lisa, and Alison were traveling the same path I was starting on, and I was excited that there were other women like me in this process. Over at Shana's blog, I was delighted by Sophie Lu and drawn to Shana's spirit and compassion. After reading these blogs for a while, I decided that I wanted to document my adoption journey for Jillian as well, and that's what I've been trying to do for the last fourteen months or so.
2. Once I had my own blog and I spent time reading other blogs and leaving comments, I began to make some blogging buddies like Jenny, Terri, Stephanie, April, Christi, Michelle, Shannon, Mariah, Tamara, Paulette, and Sandy (and so many more since then!). The friendships I've made with these women (and a couple of you guys!) have kept me blogging. I feel invested in these relationships, and I look forward to seeing each of you have your adoption dreams come true and your little ones home with you (like Christi, Tamara, and Jenny have!).
3. When I began this adoption journey, it seemed as though I would have my referral within a year of being DTC. We all know how that has changed! Blogging has helped me deal with the increasing and uncertain wait time. I have learned more about the suspected reasons for the slowdown. I have also been encouraged by my fellow bloggers when the long wait has made me feel discouraged and sad.
4. Once I finish the class I'm currently taking, I hope to have more time for other interests like reading, scrapbooking, gardening, cooking, and traveling. I have been so impressed with the diversity of talents my blogging friends possess. I hope to try some new things and blog about them as I do.
5. Lastly, I blog to bring something positive and encouraging to others. I avoid being controversial or snarky on my blog. That's just not my thing. I hope you sense my overall optimism in the future and my excitement and anticipation for Jillian's referral.
I'd love to read about your five reasons for blogging. Let me know if you decide to post about this later.