Monday, December 26, 2005

New Links

Today I figured out how to add links to my blog. (Hey, I'm new at this!) And I wanted to explain what they are and why I've included them here.

America World is my adoption agency. They are headquarted in McLean, Virginia and they are a Chiristian, non-profit organization. They were the first agency I came across when I started researching adoption on the web. I really like their philosophy about adoption and the spiritual dimension they bring to the work they do. I haven't had that much interaction with them yet as it's still so early in the process, but the seminar I attended last month was informative and inspirational. I have a good feeling about working with them.

Half the Sky is an organization that provides monetary support to Chinese orphanages. This is a good way to contribute and help Chinese orphans if you have a heart for them but aren't able to consider adoption. I've decided to become a monthly giver to this organization in 2006. I may be helping my own daughter by doing so.

Shoahannah's Hope is a charitable organization started by Christian singer-songwriter Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth. They have adopted three daughters from China and are activists for adoption. In fact, they were featured on the CBS Sunday Morning show on Christmas day promoting adoption of children in foster care in this country. Their organization gives grants to adopting families and channels money to Chinese orphanages. Their family's story is very inspirational.

So, take a moment and check out those sites to learn more, and if you feel a tug at your heart take some time to think about what you can do to make a difference. You will be blessed.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Welcome to the BLOG world....I just got things going also!!!!! I am very impressed that you know how to add links!!!!! I juts figured out (kind of) how to upload pics...now I need to learn how to add favorite BLOGS, links, pictures off the net...BLAH BLAH....I am so challenged!!! Welcome and I will read your blog everyday....I put it on my Favorites list on the computer....

    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home