Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Like most people, I'm good at making resolutions, just not so good at keeping them! But, I think that as I prepare for parenthood that there's more motivation to stick to some resolutions. I want to be the best mom I can be.

I decided around Thanksgiving that I was going to make a renewed comittment to exercise daily. Since then, I've been walking two miles 5-6 times a week at the gym. I started out the whole walking thing after being inspired by my sister. I gave her one of my dogs (Reagan) in the spring and she took to walking him daily. The result is that she's at least ten pounds lighter and she looks great. I know I should be walking my dogs, but I really like to set a pace on the treadmill and reach a distance goal. So, I intend to keep walking daily at the gym, and when the days lengthen, I'll hit the sidewalks with Buffy and Taylor, too.

My other resolutions include: managing non-work time better, sticking to my budget, growing spiritually, and volunteering to help others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home