Friday, December 30, 2005

Shopping for Jillian

While I think it's too soon to begin redecorating the office as a nursery, I don't think it's too soon to buy some cute things for Jillian. The first thing I picked up about a month ago is the Boheme dolly by April Cornell. She's a cute little cloth dolly with a patchwork skirt and a knit sweater. She wears a backpack with a little kitty in it. Boheme herself has a fair complexion, long black hair (yarn), and black eyes. She is adorable!

My second purchase for Jillian was a handmade blanket with pink satin on one side, and some cream colored, soft fleecy stuff on the reverse. It's trimmed with a pink, yellow, and green ribbon. Tres chic! When I was a little girl, I called my blankies "yoy-yoy". I was a thumb sucker until I was around eight years old, and my thumb sucking habit was coupled with rubbing my fingers on anything satiny. I did a number on most of the blankets in the house until they didn't have that satiny trim on them anymore. I just rubbed the stuff right off. So, this will be Jillian's 'yoy yoy', if she's inclined to be a blankie carrying, thumb sucker like her mom.

And, just today, I found a discounted copy of Mary Engelbreit's Mother Goose. I had seen it at Barnes & Noble recently for $19.99, but Home Goods had it for $12.99. Such a deal! I love ME, and I loved my own copy of Mother Goose when I was a little girl. Everybody needs a little Mother Goose.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Oh it is sooooo much fun to shop for a little KIDDO!!!!!!! I just started with something simple...children's board books, now I have more stuff than I can remember...Word to the wise...Buy clothes a little bigger (18mos-24mos) you can always go buy smaller when you know more info on your daughter's size. Don't you just love to hear *YOUR DAUGHTER*!!!! I know I do.... Keep shopping...its what keeps us going and on target!!!!

    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home