Friday, January 13, 2006

Half the Sky Sponsorship Baby

Yesterday I received my information package for the child I pledged to sponsor this year through the Half the Sky Foundation. Her name is Yin Xiao Yan, and she just had her first birthday on December 15. I'm not going to identify her orphanage because according to the letter in this package, there have been problems with information getting into the wrong hands and that is against CCAA rules. The report is a bit outdated as it was written last summer. It seems that she came to the orphanage sometime last summer, and was initially scared of strangers. She is described as an active girl who loves all the toys. At the time she was crawling in a circle, and standing with some support. She has a "glowing smile" and is "lovely". There is a picture of her with her nannie, and if I were savvy enough to figure out how to post pictures on this blog I'd have it scanned and I'd show it to you. (By the way, if you're using a Mac and you've figured out how to post ANY kind of picture on this blog, please let me know how you do it).

I'm honored to be this sweet baby's sponsor, and I hope she is united with her new mommy and daddy very soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said…

    Hi Joannah - I am also in the process of adopting from China (www.owenandmei.com) and came across your blog from a link on another :)

    Anyway, I can help you post photos - you just need to upload them to a photo hosting site (like Flickr, Photobucket, etc. - they have free accounts) and follow the instructions from there. Once you have the photo uploaded, you'll want to cut and paste the HTML code that has the IMG tag listed on your photo hosting site (it's normally inbetween <>, but Blogger won't allow any HTML in the comments.

    You can contact me through my blog if you have questions. Good luck!
    -Jen

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Thank you, Hawkeye. I thought it was something like that. I'll get on it later this week. Good luck with your adoption. Get a blog going and we'll all keep you company on your journey. :-) JM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home