Friday, January 27, 2006

Mail Box Blues

Oh, bummer! I was hoping my dossier 'starter packet' would have arrived in today's mail. I received final approval to begin the paperchase on Monday this week, and I was told that the packet was on its way. But all I found when I checked my mail box today was some junk mail and a bill.

Good news for thirty-nine other families with my agency. They received their referrals this week. That means the CCAA has matched them with their babies and now they will make travel plans to be united. They are in the home stretch! They had their dossiers logged in at the CCAA in late April through mid-May. That means they waited about nine months for their referrals.

If that wait time holds (who can really say?), then if I get my DTC by June, I might receive my referral by March of next year. That would be just perfect. My hope is to travel to China at the end of the next school year, or the beginning of that summer so that I have all or most of my summer vacation to get used to being a mom.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Welcome to the process of waiting for one paper after another! Are you a teacher? You mentioned it being perfect with school and I am a teacher and am so looking forward to the summer with my daughter. Try to enjoy each step of the journey : ) You'll be amazed when you look back at how far you've come.

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    That waiting comment from Christi is sooooo true!! Everytime I complain about the wait my mom reminds me that I could still be on a waiting list! Hang in there!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Isn't it grand to have more of a concrete time line instead of wondering when this paper chase will start???? I hope that people won't throw daggers at me for saying this but, I LIKED THE PAPERCHASE!!!! Almost like a game!!! So enjoy each step of the process!!!

    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home