Monday, January 09, 2006

No News, Yet...

School started again today, and one of the first questions I was asked by a colleague was if anything new had happened with the adoption. I wish I could have told her yes, but so far I'm still waiting to begin the paperchase. I think it will be very soon though based on what my coordinator told me a few weeks ago.

I have joined a yahoo group of single gals who are or who have adopted from China. It's great to read their posts and to know that there are so many other women out there on similar journeys.

Last week my masters program began, and I am overwhelmed by the amount of work this first class requires. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," has become my mantra. I haven't been a student in nine years, and my anxiety level is high. The outcome of completing the program however, is that my pay will increase and I'll be better able to afford motherhood. So, it's worth it in the end.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Good for you!!!! Class work and studying will help take your mind off of the wait.... I belong to that chat group too, rememeber that sometimes is it people's obsessions talking and not gospel truths... Keep positive and an open mind.... Soon you will be on the road to DTC...

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Be prepared for questions from everyone ALL the time. It was fine at first, but now that things have slowed down it's hard. You'll do fine in your Master's program. My master's degree seemed easier in some ways than my bachelor's degree.

    Tiffany

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I'm echoing Lisa - Good for you! You go girl! And the Lord really can make a way for you when you don't know how to do it on your own. We will all be rooting for you and you are investing in the future for you and your daughter.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Hi Jillian - good luck on starting your Master's program. I'll enjoy following your blog on your journey to Jillian!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home