Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Relief!

Taylor (see below) was incapacitated by the time I got home yesterday. She was lame in her right, rear leg. I had to assist her in and out of the house. It was really distressing. I was concerned that she'd hit a rough patch and that the prognosis wouldn't be good. However, after a trip to the vet this afternoon, we now know that she is suffering the side effects of a rabies vaccination administered on Monday of this week. The doctor gave her a morphine shot to ease her pain, and he expects her to recover in a couple of days. Because of her age, I was prepared for the worst. I'm so relieved that she was able to come home today.

And more relief... Vista has received my home study application!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Yay on both!!! : ) One step closer,

    Jenny

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said…

    So glad Taylor is okay! How scary that must have been!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Glad to hear the good news. Who knew that there were such side effects to the rabies shot?

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    I'm glad it's nothing serious! I love my 5 year old Westie so much. I can't imagine anything ever happening to him. A few years back we bought him a toy for $700.99! Okay the toy was 99 cents and the $700 was for x-rays and surgery to get the little piece of toy he swallowed out!

    I found your blog through someone else's - I'm with AWAA too! We have a LID of 10/12 for our second adoption. We love AWAA! Hope the rest of your paperchase goes quickly!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Love to Taylor from my pups, Bernadette and Gracie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home