Thursday, February 23, 2006

Single?

Okay, so the SAC Yahoo group is buzzing with the rumor that China will close it's doors to singles seeking to adopt this summer. What?

This after a day in which I finally heard from my SW after she was called twice by her agency. She was in no rush to meet with me, and our first meeting is March 6. I told her that I want to be DTC by June, and she said something about getting it done right, that if I was DTC by June then I'd get a referral in six months and that would throw my timing off. I told her referral times were increasing, not decreasing. What planet is she on?

So I spoke with a co-worker who has adopted twice domestically. She told me to call VDM and tell them that I might not be well-matched with my SW, that I'm a linear thinker and goal oriented and that she seems very laid-back. So, I did, and they were really nice and understanding. They will look for a new SW, but they want me to keep the appointment I have with the current SW in the meantime.

When I got home and read about those rumors, I left both VDM and the SW voicemails with this new information and asked them to please understand my sense of urgency.

My heart will break if I can't complete this adoption, but I will be mad as aych ee double hockey sticks if someone screws it up for me.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Good for you for asking for a change of SW, heck, change agencies if necessary. You do what you feel is right for you and Jillian!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Joanna,

    You did the absolute best thing in requesting a new SW. I don't know what in earth she could be talking about with her "6 month referral time"!

    I don't think it is likely that China will close their doors to singles, but the certainly could make it more difficult... for me, that SAC rumor is enough to ensure that your are DTC ASAP!

    Good Luck,

    Kristin

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    There was a rumor like this going around a few months ago. Do what you need to do in order to be DTC ASAP, but try not to stress too much. It seems like the same rumors just keep resurfacing. I know not worrying is easier said than done...I'm the ultimate worrier! Good job asking for a new SW! A good match is a must!

    Tiffany

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Get a different SW, this is YOUR daughter!! Also, I agree with the rumor mill. Please don't trust it- those rumors go around. Call me!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home