Friday, February 10, 2006

TGIF!!!

It seemed like this week would never end. I'm so grateful for a three day weekend - Monday is Lincoln's Birthday. I've got to get the roses in the backyard pruned, work on a couple of assignments for my masters program, and do the usual house cleaning and errand running. It's easier to fit that in over three days than just two. And I will exercise every day this weekend! The weather is great and I'm healthy, so I have no excuses for avoiding the gym or walking the dogs.

Have you been to Gwen of Shenzhen blog? It has a new name now, because they're adopting another baby - Madeline. I just cried when I read their good news - tears of joy. What an amazing thing for their family. That's the thing I enjoy about this blog community - celebrating good news. There's too much hurt and sorrow in the world and it's available 24/7 on cable news shows. But these blogs are like little windows to the good stuff. We all need more of that.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    I wish I had it in me to go for #2... I just feel like 3 kids is all I can handle... but, I guess the old, "never say never" axiom should be my watchword.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Wow, while you are pruning flowers, I will be under a foot of snow! It makes me smile to read blogs from other parts of the country. Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    I love the community of bloggers too! It's so good to share this amazing experience with so many nice people. We've made lots of friends on and off line through our blogs! :)

    Donna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home