Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What's Goin' On...

I thought I would have heard from my SW by now, since I knew who she was on Friday, but hadn't yet. So, I called VDM and put a bug in the coordinator's ear about that. She called me back and said the SW would be calling me tonight and that we'd probably meet next week. She asked me to be patient, and I think I am. But, I don't want to be passive and let someone else's passiveness slow down my paperchase. Right?

Mom and I shopped for more than just a used stroller this weekend. I've been looking for a new sofa and chair for the living room. My current sofa and chair are nearly nine years old, and boy do they show their age! The sofa, in particular, is very worn. Anyway, I can't believe how expensive furniture is! My decorating style is cottage or shabby chic style, so Levitz or Wickes just don't carry the sort of upholstered furniture that will suit my decor - although their prices are appealing. After a lot of shopping and pricing my options, I decided to have my pieces made at Salmo's. My sister has beautiful and comfortable furniture from there. I was able to find just the right sofa and chair style, and was able to select two Waverly fabrics that will work with the existing wall color and other pieces of furniture in the room. I'm very excited! There goes my summer school paycheck...

5 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Hey, my place is cottage/shabby chic too : )
    I 'm starting to go for cleaner lines and less clutter though.
    I'd love a couple of new sofa's but in my case I think they will last through the baby and preschool stage and then we can upgrade.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That's my style too! I'm on a pretty tight budget thoug, so I have to rely on furniture that was given to me, and then I dress it up with paint, furniture covers, etc. I know a very good upholsterer(is that a word?) who doesn't charge very much at all, so if you ever need something recovered, I could give you his name/number. He is based in Cypress, where my Dad lives.(which I know is pretty close to you)

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Hey Joannah, Sharon will call you...but she does take her time a bit. We now have ANOTHER thing in common- our home style. Try Colors- they have stores in Hermosa, Manhattan and El Segundo. They can copy ANYTHING and are really reasonably priced. I can take some photos of our stuff if you want, they have done a great job- everything is custom. (and not too expensive).

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Gosh you've been having some fun shopping lately! You're going to have post more photos of the remodeling! Have you ever looked at www.craigslist.com? (click on your local city) I've been finding some interesting things on there and am addicted to watching both the "Baby" and the "Furniture" categories!

    I know what you mean about waiting on the social worker. If it was up to me I would have scheduled all four visits within two weeks time. My SW was the type to not rush things though. It was a test of patience. Try to remind yourself "in His time" and maybe that will help with all the waits of this process!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    That's exciting to get new furniture! You're having it made? How long does that take? When I found my living room set, I wanted it that day. Had to wait a mere 6-8 weeks and was climbing the walls. After the waiting I've been doing since DTC, 6-8 weeks is a cake walk!

    I remember waiting for our SW to call from VDM. Ours took about a week! I wanted to scream. Sounds like your SW will get in touch very soon. Keeping my fingers crossed! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home