Wednesday, March 08, 2006

And the Oscar goes to...


Sunday night I had the pleasure to attend an Oscar party hosted by some amazing moms from the school at which I teach. Cathy and Carrie have been throwing these Oscar parties for the last eight years to raise monies for the Breast Cancer Angels charity. This is the second year I've attended, and this time I went with my mom, Linelle, and my sister, Julie, and Julie's friend Jodie. We got all glammed up as you can see. That's me on the left, Mom in the middle, and Julie on the right. Jodie was a sweetie and took the picture for us.

Cathy and Carrie thought of everything to make this night amazing. When we first arrived, we had our picture taken in front of a stretch limousine. Inside we received our table assignment and purchased our raffle tickets. There must have been forty different raffle items like gift baskets, dining certificates, overnight stays at very nice local hotels, and a super cool beach cruiser. I won none of them, of course. I am not a lucky person so I did not expect to. If you're not a lucky person then you know what I mean. I never win anything!

Anyway... I was so thrilled to find a pretty dress at Loehman's for next to nothing, and a beautiful, beaded purse. My life as a teacher is not a glamorous one, so I was happy to have an occasion that required more than jeans and a sweater. It was a lot of fun, and I can hardly wait for next year's party.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Hey Foxy Teacher Lady... looking good!

    Gotta love LOVE love Loehman's...

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    That looks like so much fun! I love the Oscars but on the East Coast they run so late that by 10pm I am out cold!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    You look so pretty! Glad you had a fun night!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    What a great looking family! Sounds like it was a fun night out!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said…

    What great fun and for a good cause. You guys have energy and creativity. I would have needed an event planner!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home