Friday, March 10, 2006

Compare & Contrast

NEW SOFA

OLD SOFA

NEW CHAIR

OLD CHAIR

As winter turns to spring, it's out with the old furniture and in with the new. They even smell new! Let's call that Eau de pre-Labrador. If you have dogs, then you know what I mean. No matter how often they go to the groomers, in three days they smell like 'dog' again. I wish I could figure out how to keep them away from the new furniture. Buffy liked to rub herself on the old sofa, and they both like to be near me when I'm sitting on the sofa. They don't realize that they are dirty and stinky.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the new sofa and chair. I've got to finish my monster paper so that I can go out to the living room and enjoy them. Later this weekend, after I've submitted my assignment, I'm going to watch the Pride & Prejudice DVD while sitting on the sofa. It's going to be a rainy and cold weekend - just perfect for being a couch potato.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Joannah - I love the new look!!!! Fabulous fabric colors and I have to tell you - I like the wall color too! Do you know the name/brand paint? I have a deep olive green in my bathroom and need to go to a lighter sage green like your walls!!!

    And yes, I know what you mean about dogs! There is a definite price we pay for their love and devotion! Labs just have that oily coat that doesn't last more than a few days after bathing.

    What a nice environment to sit back and watch P&P this weekend! Have fun!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I love the print on the couch. it's a perfect weekend to snuggle up on the couch and watch movies. i think I'll do that too!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    P&P with sexy Colin Firth? One of my favorites!

    Furniture looks great!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I just watched the newest version of P&P with Keira Knightly. Very good, but I am still so in love with Colin Firth from the A&E version. I am a total sap for any British period peice (i.e. Sense and Sensability, Emma). Enjoy!

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    The new furniture looks great! Enjoy!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Beautiful, especially with the pretty green walls. It all looks so fresh and new. Have fun relaxing with your movie.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Great new digs!!! Love the look you decorate with!!! Real home-y!!!

    Why is it the pups love to be near us??? Why do they have to smell??? Oh such questions!!! I am sure my house is full of Mesa smells... I am afraid that I must be used to it cause she smells like a flower to me!!! If love is blind then the nose must be effected also!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Love them!!!

    Jenny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home