Thursday, March 02, 2006

Darn it!

When I checked my messages at home this afternoon, there was a message from Adoption Options saying they had received my application and that they wanted to talk to me before they sent me more paperwork. The person who left the message said that she was leaving it on my home phone because she didn't know if I could take calls at school. Okay... So, I returned the call between 1 and 2 p.m. and was told she was gone for the day. I left her a voicemail saying that I was taking calls during this paperchase, and please call me back at school tomorrow.

I guess I'm disappointed that she didn't even try to call me at school. If I didn't take or make calls at school during this process, nothing would ever get done. If a colleague of mine can conduct her Cookie Lee business at school, surely I can be contacted regarding my adoption.

I've got to get off the computer. I've been on it pretty much since I got home - about three hours! BUT I was paying bills and registering for the next block in my master's program. I can't believe I've only got a week to go with the first block. It's gone by so quickly and I'm doing well. I have three small assignments to turn in by Tuesday night (two of which are completed already), and a big whopper of an assignment due next Saturday night. It will feel so good to be finished!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    So sorry! The phone message thing with agencies was not fun for me either.
    I am amazed that you are doing your Master's at the same time. If anyone ever deserved a latte and a pedicure, it's you!

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Don't get discouraged. Now that they know that you can recieve calls at school, they will probably not make that mistake again.

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Hang in there...the paperchase will come to an end. It gets so frustrating at times. Keep us posted.

    Tiffany

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Gosh, it's hard at times isn't it! I hope you are able to be in contact with her today!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    I agree with stephanie, now that she knows you can be reached at school, she'll make more of an effort to reach you!

    Good luck with all the homework.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Eileen said…

    I hope you can get in touch with her soon!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger glo said…

    Doesn't this journey just throw in its little twists and turns at every bend. Eventually though these little ones and the parents who are waiting for them do find each other. My daughter is a school teacher. She too interrupts any and every class when that phone rings!!!

    Today I added a photo to my BLOG that kinda sums up our past week. Elia put her mark on the world Thurs and it is the cutest little picture. Come to see it. We have the adoption decree done now, she has a birth certificate now and Tues the paperwork should be in INS's hands. Then they wait for a phone call to go to Juares, and bring her home to AZ.er adoption is out of Mexico so they do not have any kind of support group of others traveling the journey with them. I am grandma to be and find it even harder to find anyone who has a clue what my shoes feel like as I watch them travel this road.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home