Friday, March 31, 2006

Grrr...

I have to admit that I'm recovering from a temper tantrum just now. I am p***ed off because I have to redo my financial statement to match the 90-day average bank information I gave the home study agency. I had already completed the financial statement and had it notarized. I had used the most current bank information available.

Moments before my temper tantrum, I had felt joyful because the letter of clearance from the LBPD was in the mail today - notarized as it should be.

I'm still waiting on one reference letter, the notarized copy of the guardianship letter, the notarized letter from my doctor, and a return trip to the doctor that did the physical. That doctor needs to make the home study agency's form and AWAA's form all matchy-matchy. This is not currently the case.

I'm not enjoying the process today. I envy those people who don't have to use two agencies to get the job done. Futhermore, I wish my life was easier sometimes - easier as in happily married to a really good guy and parents to a couple of kids already. Today I'm not enjoying my path.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    The paperchase can really get to you sometimes. It is a freeing feeling when all of the paper leaves your hands and there is nothing else you can do. Then the waiting begins... Hang in there. The paperchase will soon be a distant memory.

    Tiffany

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger glo said…

    Sorry for your frustration. Sometimes I wonder if they haven't hired someone who sits on the sidelines watching these journeys and when someone gets just a little too excited about anything good appening they get active and put some silly little thought in the powers that ne heads to throw you a curve and see if you can hang in there...Just kidding in a way...but man I don't think I have read any jurneys that have gone absolutely smoothly. They aren't just little bumps either, they mean more time, more money , more frustration and longer waits for the parents and the children they are making a hoome for. I hope this is just a small little bump for you and things will quickly move down the road...to the "is there really an end to the paper chase" well almost endo f the paper stuff...and the wait to meet hold and bring that little one home. Hang in there....that day is coming.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    It will be so worth it in the end :D

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    UGH, totally feel for you on the paper chase. You are gonna be an AWESOME momma to Jillian. : )

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I had two agencies as well, a home study and an adoption, and it was a big old mess sometimes. Looking back, I'm surprised I didn't have MORE temper tantrums!! But you will survive it. The surprising thing is, you kind of block out all the paperwork nightmares after you hit DTC. That's something to look forward too, right? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home