Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm Booked!

First, let me say that this post is sort of like "note to self". So I apologize for it's list-like quality. For starters, this weekend I've got to get some sort of filing system set up for all this adoption paperwork. Right now it's just in a loose pile on the kitchen table. Okay, then next week is going to be SO busy - adoption-wise...

Sunday - First meeting with the SW

Monday or Tuesday - Walk-in fingerprint "appointment" (it's not really an appointment if you don't have to have an appointment, is it?)

Wednesday - Physical with some random doctor at the walk-in clinic near work

Friday - 4 p.m. appointment at the county courthouse, so that I can have the fancy-shmancy, razzle-dazzle birth certificate instead of the two plain-Jane, run-of-the-mill birth certificates I have already... Whatever...

Oh, and my next class starts next Wednesday, too.

This week has been all about Parent Conferences. They've gone very well, but I'm so tired of talking to parents at this point. It's exhausting for an introvert like me to talk to people I don't know very well all afternoon for four days in a row. And, people really approach conferences so differently. Some parents come in and stare at me and hardly say a thing. While others want to analyze every aspect of their child's progress and take notes (really!). Some are so appreciative and treat me like family. Others act as though I'm the enemy and they are so defensive and guarded. It's an interesting study in human behavior.

Anyway, I'm SO ready for Spring Break. I can't even begin to tell you...

8 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Hey Joannah,

    I have misplaced your phone number- I am so sorry! Irene's mom is in the hospital- her husband just let me know that today- she didn't show up today and she didn't call back, which is very unlike her- so I wish I could say she would be able to help you with cleaning, but I am not sure when she will be out. I am sorry! I'll come help! : )
    Jenny

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Wow you really are moving along..

    Don't sweat the homestudy... they just want to make sure you are a great gal (you are) that you will have a safe place for you Jillian. They don't do the white glove test.... So relax!!! My HS people called me 10 minutes before they came. I was just out of the shower and my house looked "okay" but not like I wanted it to look. My HS person said that they just want to provide a loving and safe home for a child.

    Lisa

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Hey, to get organized, I bought a giant 3 ring binder and tons of sheet protectors. Then I put all my paperwork in the sheet protectors and put them in the notebook. It works great. Everything is safe, I can pull it out and make copies or look at it and not worry about it gettin all frayed or messed up. Just a thought!! Good luck with all your appointments. You are trucking along here!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Shannon, I did the same thing. I cannot tell you handy that has been to this day. Especially in China. : )

    Jenny

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Wow Joannah - things are really moving along - that is so great!

    As far as the teacher conferences - some parents really take notes??? Oh my! Of course it must show how good you are that they hang on to every word!!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    Yeah! Keep up the pace and you'll be DTC in no time! ;-)

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Hey Joannah,
    Good luck on Sunday!!! It will be such a breeze!! I really enjoyed my time with my SW she was so informative and I felt really uplifted after each visit!! Take care!!
    Mariah

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Hi Joannah,
    I figured out my new adoption blog header...thank you for the encouragement! Hang in there through the parent conferences...I know how that is! If it gets uncomfortable, start sneezing violently in their direction..(apologizing profusely in-between each sneeze, of course) ...that usually gets them out the door...;)
    Good luck on the homestudy! If only I could get to that point!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home