Thursday, March 09, 2006

Moving Along

Monday's mail had an envelope from the HS agency. It contained a checklist of items that I'm responsible for, and more paperwork - of course. I sent off the form letters to my friends who are writing references for me, and I sent the employment verification form and a request for health insurance verification (and how it will cover my adopted child) off to HR. I also sent the HS agency half of the HS fee, and I had to send AWAA money for the post-placement 'stuff' (I honestly don't really know what it's for). But, I do know that if I do 'it' (whatever 'it' is), they will give me that money back. I sent that in now because they're doubling the fee later this month. That was motivating!

So, now I really need to look through this list and decide what I can do next. Should I make an appointment to have my fingerprints done now? Or, do I have to wait for something... Gotta figure that out.

I also found out that I need to get certified copies of my name change. I changed my last name in 2000 when I was on the road to stardom. I've obviously been detoured... I tried calling the Los Angeles Superior Court to ask how I do that, but they only answer their phones (according to the lengthy voicemail message) for a two hour window in the a.m. or another two hour window in the afternoon. So, I'll try them again tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning my new furniture is being delivered. I'm so excited!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    It sounds like things are moving right along! I've really been trying to take the advice of "one thing at a time". I hav enever been very good at that! New furniture. That is exciting!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Ava Baby said…

    Hi Joannah,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to following your journey to Jillian.

    The paperwork definitely seems overwhelming but somehow, you make it through.
    Michele

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Hey Joannah, fun week for you with lots of things moving along! I'm not sure about the fingerprint appointment in your area. In TX we wait to receive the fingerprint invitation letter which has an appointment time but we can actually show up any time after receiving the letter. Just have to take the letter along for proof.

    As far as certified copies of your name change, can you just go down to the court house where it was filed? I would show up (with the cause number if you have it) and ask where to obtain certified copies. They will probably have a computer system set up for doing searches to find the cause number if you dont' have it handy. Fill out a paper with your name, cause number and how many certified copies you want and they should be able to pull the copies within 30 min or so. HTH!

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    In NJ, after our homestudy was finished, we then received an invitation to have our fingerprints done. Check with your agency to see if this will be the case for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home