Saturday, March 04, 2006

New Shoes


I was at the mall after school yesterday shopping to complete my outfit for tomorrow night's Oscar party - more on that later... While there, I found these cute shoes at Baby Gap on the clearance rack! I'm a sucker for anything that has a rose on it, so I whipped out my debit card! I hope Jillian likes roses as much as I do, because her room is going to have a rose theme, and her middle name will be Rose.

I spoke with Adoption Options yesterday morning. They just wanted to confirm some things on my application - I guess that's standard, but it seems silly to ask questions that have already been answered on the applicaton. Anyway, more paperwork is on its way. Several people on my primary agency's yahoo group were DTC yesterday. I so look forward to that step. It seems far away right now. And three AWAA families received referrals this week. Those were unexpected. It seems they were expedited due to Chinese heritage and/or that the applicants were presently living in China. More referrals are expected later this month.

Gotta go! Busy weekend ahead!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Love the shoes!!! And I LOVE the clearance rack at Baby Gap. You will be DTC so soon! Hey, we are speaking at an AWAA seminar next Sat (the 11th) in Manhattan Beach- Katie will be there ; )

    Jenny

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Cute shoes! It is exciting when you see the referrals coming in. I am also hoping to be an expedited family since my husband is Chinese. It is not a guarantee though, so I really have no idea how long the wait will be (I hope to be DTC next month). Well, there is not much you can do but wait!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Very cute! I'm a sucker for roses too. I'm with you on the DTC thing. We're moving along slowly but surely, but it sure seems a long way off!

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Jillian Rose is such a lovely name!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Now I need to go to Baby Gap :D

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Cute cute shoes! I love the nursery theme and the name Jillian Rose!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home