Monday, March 20, 2006

Scanned

Tonight I went over to the P.D. at Cerritos College to be fingerprinted by Live Scan. I wish they'd had one of those when I got my teaching credential. Teachers have to be fingerprinted, too. So, anyway, I much prefer not having to get ink all over my fingers.

I also got some financial information from the credit union that the SW had requested. Now I have a big stack of papers to FedEx to the home study agency tomorrow after school. I'm making progress.

But, I've found that getting notarized letters from doctors is a big pain in the arse. Neither of my doctors' offices has a notary on staff. So, I've got to find one who will travel (yes, I know, they're in the phone book), and I somehow have to coordinate their availability with the doctors' availabilities. What a lousy nightmare that might be. If you know of a good notary in the Newport Beach and/or Huntington Beach areas, please let me know how to contact them. They all seem a little shady to me...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said…

    Often local churches or banks or schools have a secretary who is a notary. It's not very expensive to become one and they find it convenient to have one on hand.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    i just got some lady out of the phonebook... travelling notary, laguna beach and she was ok... for the like, trillion dollars an hour she charged, she got the job done and waited patiently (no doubt counting her pennies) the 2 hours my doctor kept us waiting!!

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    My agency let me have a "notorized copy" of the report. Scan some of the yahoo group boards for this and check with your agency of course! ANYTHING to make it easier!

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Johannah- I know someone personally. She lives in Huntington Beach. I don't have her number on me, but I can get it from work tomorrow. I don't know how much she charges, but I know she is trustworthy. I can post her number here tomorrow evening, or if you need it sooner you can e-mail me your phone number and I can call you with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home