Saturday, March 11, 2006

So Long, Block One

Maybe I shouldn't be saying goodbye just yet, as grades aren't posted. But, I have submitted the last paper for the first block of my master's program. Four more blocks to go...

When I started this block, I was totally overwhelmed. I thought it was going to kill me - that I'd have no life whatsoever apart from working and studying. It turned out to be much more manageable than it first seemed to be. And, assuming that I've earned a good grade, I'd have to say that I recommend the online degree experience (if I haven't passed then I have nothing nice to say...). I don't have to go to class after working all day, and I don't have to endure boring lectures or long-winded, whiny classmates, or GROUP PROJECTS! Those are the worst, aren't they?

The aftermath of Block 1, however is a very messy house that I have no desire to clean today - maybe I'll muster the strength after church tomorrow. Tonight it's P&P - the new one, not the one with Colin Firth. I'm skeptical, you know, because Colin's brooding Mr. Darcy was the best! And, while I don't know the name of the actress who played Elizabeth in that version, she gave a great performance, too. So, I'll just have to see if this one's a thumbs up or thumbs down for me.

Later... thumbs up, BUT I still prefer the BBC version.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I have been wanting to see the new P&P.... not enough time, too busy bloggin'. Give us a thumbs up or down on the flick and I will go rent it based on that... Hope this isn't too much pressure on you???!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I think it's great that you are finishing your MA!!! Sometimes things are not as hard as we think they will be.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    Woohoo! Good job! Keep pluggin' along and you'll have your degree in no time!!

    I agree with you that "group" projects are the pits!!

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Congrats on finishing the first block! I remember the stress my husband was under when finishing his. It was such a relief when it was done. I don't think you should clean. I think you should hire someone to do it. You have enough on your plate as it is! (Oh, and if you do decide to hire someone, I suggest you don't call Merry Maids. They wanted $180.00 to clean my 1000 square foot apartment. I don't think so! By calling around to several other places I found in the phone book, I was able to find someone for half that price)

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    AH! To agree with Julie, Mr. Knightley (THE HUNKY Jeremey Northam) is too, too sexy!

    I love the idea of on-line classes, but, I haven't a spare brain cell left in my head... I had to THINK OVER a 3rd grade word problem the other day... yikes!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Hey Joannah,

    CONGRATULATIONS!! Yahoo. If you need a house cleaner, call me, I know a really really really neat lady- she cleans our house and is a GEM!!!

    Jenny

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I'm with Julie W on the Mr. Knightley of Emma fame. What is it about British men in period pieces. They are just too cute. I loved both versions of P&P, although my heart still belongs to Colin Firth...

    You should check out my dad's blog at http://quickflick.blogspot.com/. He is always watching the newest films on DVD and gives a very short but honest review. He just called to say that he and my mom just watched P&P this afternoon and really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to seeing his take on it.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Congrats for working on your MA! Way to go!

    Joannah, I was also wondering if you're doing a 100 Good Wishes Quilt for Jillian? I'm working on some blocks and would love to send one to you if you are. My email is on my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home