Saturday, March 11, 2006

So Long, Block One

Maybe I shouldn't be saying goodbye just yet, as grades aren't posted. But, I have submitted the last paper for the first block of my master's program. Four more blocks to go...

When I started this block, I was totally overwhelmed. I thought it was going to kill me - that I'd have no life whatsoever apart from working and studying. It turned out to be much more manageable than it first seemed to be. And, assuming that I've earned a good grade, I'd have to say that I recommend the online degree experience (if I haven't passed then I have nothing nice to say...). I don't have to go to class after working all day, and I don't have to endure boring lectures or long-winded, whiny classmates, or GROUP PROJECTS! Those are the worst, aren't they?

The aftermath of Block 1, however is a very messy house that I have no desire to clean today - maybe I'll muster the strength after church tomorrow. Tonight it's P&P - the new one, not the one with Colin Firth. I'm skeptical, you know, because Colin's brooding Mr. Darcy was the best! And, while I don't know the name of the actress who played Elizabeth in that version, she gave a great performance, too. So, I'll just have to see if this one's a thumbs up or thumbs down for me.

Later... thumbs up, BUT I still prefer the BBC version.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Though I like the original P&P better, I thought the new one was pretty decent and also picked it up on DVD. In my humble opinion, neither compare to Emma's Mr. Knightley, who is in fact my dream man! Too bad he's fictional! ; )

    My sister is taking online classes and it works well for her life too!

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I have been wanting to see the new P&P.... not enough time, too busy bloggin'. Give us a thumbs up or down on the flick and I will go rent it based on that... Hope this isn't too much pressure on you???!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Christi said…

    I think it's great that you are finishing your MA!!! Sometimes things are not as hard as we think they will be.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jodie said…

    Woohoo! Good job! Keep pluggin' along and you'll have your degree in no time!!

    I agree with you that "group" projects are the pits!!

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Congrats on finishing the first block! I remember the stress my husband was under when finishing his. It was such a relief when it was done. I don't think you should clean. I think you should hire someone to do it. You have enough on your plate as it is! (Oh, and if you do decide to hire someone, I suggest you don't call Merry Maids. They wanted $180.00 to clean my 1000 square foot apartment. I don't think so! By calling around to several other places I found in the phone book, I was able to find someone for half that price)

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    AH! To agree with Julie, Mr. Knightley (THE HUNKY Jeremey Northam) is too, too sexy!

    I love the idea of on-line classes, but, I haven't a spare brain cell left in my head... I had to THINK OVER a 3rd grade word problem the other day... yikes!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Hey Joannah,

    CONGRATULATIONS!! Yahoo. If you need a house cleaner, call me, I know a really really really neat lady- she cleans our house and is a GEM!!!

    Jenny

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I'm with Julie W on the Mr. Knightley of Emma fame. What is it about British men in period pieces. They are just too cute. I loved both versions of P&P, although my heart still belongs to Colin Firth...

    You should check out my dad's blog at http://quickflick.blogspot.com/. He is always watching the newest films on DVD and gives a very short but honest review. He just called to say that he and my mom just watched P&P this afternoon and really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to seeing his take on it.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Congrats for working on your MA! Way to go!

    Joannah, I was also wondering if you're doing a 100 Good Wishes Quilt for Jillian? I'm working on some blocks and would love to send one to you if you are. My email is on my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home