Monday, March 13, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

This Sunday afternoon is my first visit with the SW, Maria. I just got off the phone with her and she seems really nice and knowledgeable. I guess I'm going to have to get this house cleaned one way or the other!

I also made an appointment for a physical today. I've been trying to reach my doctor's office and no one ever answers the phone. I finally got through this afternoon, and the woman on the other end said that she and the doctor are the only staff right now. That seems a little strange to me, but whatever... She wasn't going to be able to give me an appointment for a physical until May 9th, even when I told her why it was urgent. That just wasn't going to work for me.

So, I called the home study agency and they told me to use a walk-in clinic. There's a reputable one close to my school, so I stopped by on the way home and made an appointment for next week. They even have a notary on staff. I've been sending away for records and documents like crazy since late, last week. I want to check things off on my checklist so badly!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Good for you... sounds like you are really making some headway.

    For our physicals, I actually typed out the letter how I wanted it to be and just had the nurse put it on letterhead... she actually appreciated having a "script" to follow and it made it possible to get everything done easily... just a tip that worked for us!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Hi Joannah!
    Your blog is beautiful...I was browsing adoption blogs when I found it. I am going to start a new blog about our adoption process...I wanted to ask someone for help with my code for a header...I want one like yours, but when I insert my code it isn't working. I laughed when I viewed your profile, because two of your favorite books are the same as mine (Life With Marley and The Time Traveler's Wife...both made me cry!!). Do you have the time to email me your code and where you inserted it? If so, just leave it on my comments on my current blog, or email me at fancieapie@hotmail.com. If not, I understand! :)
    Thank you! April

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    How exciting Joannah to see items getting checked off your list!!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    You are so on your way to DTC!!! The physical ended up being the biggest obsticule (notary problems)

    Lisa

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Keep plugging away at it. Once the physical is done, things seem to roll quickly.

    Shelley

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Eileen said…

    It does feel great to be able to check things off! You're getting there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home