Friday, March 24, 2006

TGIF

This week has felt like a marathon to me. I sometimes wondered if it would ever end. Much has been accomplished and I have a grateful heart that things are progressing. I am fully aware of the inconveniences of the process, but I'm learning to tolerate them.

Today my mother kindly accompanied me to the Orange County Clerk's Office so that I could purchase a couple certified copes of my birth certificate. Mom provided her navigational skills to get me there on time and without getting turned around. She even found us a great place to park. I then went back to the medical clinic to have my TB test read and to get the results of the blood work. Everything is normal. Yippee!

Tomorrow morning I'm heading downtown - not a place for a young woman to be heading after dark. As much as I love Long Beach, I don't deceive myself about certain parts of town. Anyway, I've got to get that clearance letter from the PD for the dossier. I've decided that is a 'communist thing'. The Chinese are probably real big on being in good standing with the police considering the little bit I know about Chinese society. I've had my background checked so that I could receive my teaching credential, but I never had to have the police write me a letter. Whatever...

I do feel like I'm being nickled and dimed to death. There is a fee or a charge for everything. I don't mind, because Jillian's worth it, but it's insane.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger rubyiscoming said…

    I totally remember that feeling! You feel like you are under a microscope with your wallet totally open for takers! We were kinda like...look, we pay our taxes, we drive the speed limit, we keep our grass trimmed, we are kind to our neighbors, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM US??? Trust me, once you get that I-171H, you will be whistlin' Dixie and feeling great and one giant step closer to your daughter :)

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I totally agree. I felt like everyone had their hand in the till. And that everyone wants a peice of the damn pie. When you get to the final stages you will go through the pissy, what am I paying this amount for, then you get that 171 and you forget and you are DTC. Lots to look forward to!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Thanks for understanding! I paid $35 to have a letter notarized yesterday, and now I think it needs to be rewritten. I need to win the lottery! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home