Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Comedy of Errors

Oh, I just find this all so amusing...

Today my contact at the home study agency pointed out that the physical exam form seemed to be a photo copy. What?!?!

Yes, indeed... I called the doctor's office and they confirmed that they had filed the original. So, I stopped by on my way home and retrieved the original. Then drove to Kinko's for the second day in a row of FedEx service to home study agency.

Same doctor's office had notarized AWAA's physical form, but the notary had put her stamp on the backside of the form. I think I remember at the time asking her if that was okay and she assured me it was. However, upon faxing said document to AWAA for approval, they advise me to call the office of the Secretary of State to see if they'll authenticate such a document. No... They won't...

So, tomorrow I return for the fifth time to that very doctor's office so that the notary can place her stamp on the front side of the document.

This paperchase is so much fun. I don't know what I'll do when it's over!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I was told by my agency that the one document that gets sent back the most because of errors is the doctor's form. They are so particular about how things should be written that it is just crazy. It took my doctor almost 40 minutes while my husband and I looked over his shoulder to get everything right!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    Oh wow, what a pain in the neck! I'll bet you'll be glad to send that form off...once and for all!

    Paperchasing is the "fun" part of this whole thing. Afterwards, you'll be climbing the walls waiting, like me. :)

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    The paperchase just plain sucks. I was so mad when my doctor was going to only charge $75 for the physical till he saw the lousy 2 papers he needed to fill out and sign. Then it was $200 a person! What a creep. We don't go to see him anymore.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger S. Meissner said…

    I am so sorry about all the errors. I am trying to take note, but I just have this sinking feeling when it's our turn, the this comedy or errors will happen to us as well.

    I hope this form was your big bump in the road and that the rest of the way will be smooth sailing.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Grrr...what a pain! I'm sure you're ready to be done with this!

    Hey, the paperchase is actually the EASY part! The Wait is maddening!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Oh Joannah - it's good to see you are trying to keep your sense of humor!! Ok, at least I got a smile out of it!!! hehe What does the doctor's office think when you keep showing up??? You would think they would get it right by now!

    On the flip side, the way you are progressing so quickly (my thought, prob. not yours!) through the paperchase process, well, we could end up being DTC at the same time! I'm about to enter week 4 of waiting on my 171. Others in my area have waited 6-8 weeks for it! Yikes!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    They all say those medical forms are the worst. I had to get all 3 of my kids get this TB tested. I thought it was all done and there on the form was the test with no results. My kids hated that. But it finally got done. So hang in there!!!!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Sheesh, I had a couple of docs that I sent to Sacramento, I sent the photo copies. AAAAHHH....totally understand. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home