Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Countdown to Spring Break

I do love my job. I have a sense of purpose and meaning that I derive from my work. I really invest myself in my students, take pride in their accomplishments, and lose sleep over the needy ones. But I've got to be really honest - the time off can't be beat! Friday is the last day before Spring Break and I'm just as excited about that as my students are.

This week has been much better than last. There have been fewer demands and I feel less stressed.

Tomorrow I return to see the doctor who performed the physical. We've got to amend the paperwork a bit, and then I should be done with all the paperwork related to the home study! That will be a good feeling.

Yesterday, I sent my I-600A application off in the mail. I'm also really close to being able to get certification at the state level on most of my dossier documents. I will be so happy when I'm done with the paperchase!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Congrats on getting close to the end of the paperchase. It's a great feeling to be done! The best thing about the paperchase is that you actually feel as if you are doing something to bring you closer to your daughter. It will be a little bittersweet when you are finished.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Yay! You are on the downhill stretch for paperwork AND teaching!
    Do something fun and just for you to celebrate!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Ugh! That half face picture of me is so creepy. Let's do this: Much better.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Joannah, you really clipped along with this paperchase thing... you'll be DTC before you know it!

    And it will probably still be raining!!

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    I have so much respect for teachers. You form our future. When I leave my children with their teachers I'm trusting them to care of them as I would. So far I haven't been let down. So Thank you for being a teacher. Oh by the way ENJOY spring break!!!!

    Oh great news about the paperwork. You are so close. Yeah!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Awesome Joannah!! Yahoo!!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I'm with you on the whole spring break thing. Unfortunatly for me, mine isn't until next Friday! Bummer. And congrats on being almost done with the paperchase. You're way faster than me! I still have what seems like a million things left to do! Oh, well, baby steps, right? :)

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    hello! I thought since you have posted on my blog twice, it would be nice for me to check your blog out. :D

    I'm so happy for you to be moving along well in the paperchase! Prepare yourself the best you can for whatever God has planned for you. Always remember that He is in control and we are not.....and that is a good thing! :D

    God bless you, Joannah!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    You are making such great progress on your paperchase. Doesn't it feel great when you can check off each "to do" document? I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your journey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home