Friday, April 21, 2006

Fingerprint Appointment

I just received notice today that I can have my fingerprints taken anytime from now until May 6! I wasn't expecting to be given an appointment until they'd received my home study, so this comes as a pleasant surprise.

I don't have to go too far for the appointment, either - just to Bellflower. And they're open on Saturdays. I have plans tomorrow, so I'll get over there next Saturday.

Additionally, I spoke with the home study agency today and they expect to finalize and notarize my home study next week. They will then forward a copy to BCIS. As soon as I have my notarized copy, I'm going to send my documents off to the Secretary of State in Sacramento for certification. After that, I'm considering hiring a courier to take my documents to the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles for me. Anyone in Southern California used Assistant Stork, or any other courier service you'd recommend?

8 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Hi Joannah,
    You are taking steps forward every week, good for you!
    The bows I got are alligator clips. From what I've read it works best to put the girls hair in the little ouchless bands for ponies and then put an alligator clip above it and the pony holds it in place.
    How fun that you are thinking of #2! My problem was that people went crazy with summer clothes at the showers, more than she could have ever worn, even if they would have been right size and season. I gave a bunch to someone in need, took tons back, and will take some to the orphanage. I had already been given alot of second hand, but great condition, really cute stuff. So I have plenty of 12 & 18 mo. Not to mention the outfits I've bought! Girl shopping is so fun. I think I will go again tomorrow. There are a lot of things that will work in any season and I can just buy big for now.

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Congrats! My medical form is still being held hostage. We should get it on Wednesday. Our home study is pretty much written, she's just waiting for the med form to complete it. Slowly but surely!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Seems like your paperchase is going so fast. I wish you luck with a smooth fingerprinting. You are getting so close to DTC!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    You are getting so close! That's great news!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Fingerprinting already??? Wow, things are really moving along!!!! Soon you will be doing the referral dance with the rest of us !!!! So exciting!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    Did you get your fingerprints done? You're moving along! So exciting! I'll do the Snoopy dance with you when you're done paperchasing - it's such a relief!

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    glad to hear everything is still moving smoothly!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Hey Joannah,

    Alright girl- you are getting there. I actually took them in myself to the Chinese Consulate...but I have heard good things about the Asst. Stork. Maybe when Katie gets bigger, I will do it! How cool. Hey, come to the fellowship group on May 6th! email me and I will let you know where,

    Jenny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home