Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fingerprinted, Again...

Well, today's fingerprinting was for the 171H, but it is my second fingerprinting experience since this journey began. The wait was under an hour, but I was surprised at how busy the center was. The lady who took my prints was very interested in what I was doing. She asked me if my husband was having his prints done today, too. So, then I had to tell her a little bit of my story. There are so many people who seem to take offense at being asked about the adoption experience, but I feel like I have an opportunity to share a little bit about myself with another person, and perhaps open their eyes and heart to something they hadn't thought about before. Maybe I'll feel differently one day, but right now I'm happy to be an ambassador for adoption.

I've had this Carolyn Dawn Johnson song stuck in my head today. The lyrics just seem to fit this experience.

One Day Closer to You

(chorus)
So I'm not gonna worry
Cause I'm in no hurry
It's in the hands of fate
There's nothing I can do
Well it might be tomorrow
Or the one that follows
Got the rest of my life to look forward to
Cause every day is one step closer to you

Every day I pray that God will keep you safe
Cause I know you're out there somewhere

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    What a beautiful song. I'm looking forward to our time to be fingerprinted too. It really does make you on step closer to Jillian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home