Thursday, April 13, 2006

Girls' Day Out


I spent the day with my dear friend, Teresa. That's us above, back in the fall at Golden Gate Park. Teresa moved up to San Francisco about ten years ago. She visits Orange County several times a year to see her family, and I try to make it up to see her once or twice a year. She has a really good guy in her life, and they are always gracious hosts to me. They tour me all over the Bay Area and Wine Country!

Teresa and I have been friends since we were freshmen in high school. Back then we had Mrs. Vena for freshman English and Mr. Smith (boy, was he creepy) for science. She's like family to me. Oftentimes, when we're out shopping or dining, people will ask if we're sisters. Teresa is the kind of friend everyone should be blessed with. She is empathetic, loyal, and thoughtful. We always have fun together.

Anyway, we enjoyed the beautiful weather today by walking around Fashion Island. And we had a ridiculously expensive, albeit delicious lunch at a French bistro there. It was a perfect day.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    You all do look like sisters, how fun! And I love Fashion Island. It's so great to stroll around and have lunch.

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Kay said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Great photo... I love SF and Fashion Island for that matter...

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    That's wonderful to have such a great friend in your life!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    How fun!! I love Fashion Island.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    oooh, I love time spent with a girl friend from high school. Looks like a good time was had by all. My best friend is fromn my freshman year in high school too! She really knows me because we have a history and kind of grew up together. (and people think we look like sisters too!)

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger rubyiscoming said…

    What a beautiful day with a beautiful friend! I love sharing the day with a wonderful girlfriend who IS family :)

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Ava Baby said…

    You guys definitely can pass as sisters. It's wonderful you have such a great, supportive friend.
    Happy Easter.
    Michele

     

Post a Comment

<< Home