Saturday, April 08, 2006

SW Visit #2

I received a call at 8 p.m. on Friday night from my SW. She asked if she could come by for another visit today. She needed another visit with me before she could finish her first draft of the home study. This time there was no time for a serious cleaning. I simply vacuumed, did the dishes, and cleaned the bathroom sink. She was here for a brief time and told me she'd email a copy of the home study to me early next week.

I intended to spend the rest of the day working on my paper that's due on Wednesday night, but instead took a nap on the couch and then went to have a long overdue pedicure later in the afternoon. I even let the woman who did my pedicure paint flowers on my big toes. I'm not usually a 'flower person', but it was such a beautiful spring day that I wanted to celebrate! She even put little rhinestones in the middle of the flowers. I feel so fancy.

Tonight I had dinner with two dear friends, Heather and Richard. We've been pals since we worked at Disneyland when we were in college. Heather and I were roommates about fifteen years ago, too. Now they're parents to three little guys and we don't see each other as often as we used to, so it's a treat to hang out and catch up.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Naps rule! So do pedicures! =)
    Sounds like your homestudy is moving along...yay!!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    OK, so where are the pics of the big flowered toenails?

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    I can't believe you of all people did not have LADYBUGS painted on you toes!!

    Can't wait for you to finish that Homestudy!!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I didn't even think to ask if she could put ladybugs on my toes! What a great idea. Maybe next time...

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    You are moving right along on your Homestudy! I guess we should nap as much as we can now! Ha!

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I love getting flowers and rhinestones! You've inspired me to try to go in the next few days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home