Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tagged!

I read a few of these on other blogs before Jodie got to me. I didn't think I'd have time for this tonight, but the paper I was working on turned out to be a breeze. I wish they all were. So the topic of this tagging episode is "Six Weird Things About Me". Hmmm...

1. I've named all of my pets (since I've been an adult) after one pop icon or another. First there was the cat named Basia - remember her (New Day For You, late 1980s...)? Then there was Colvin the black lab/rotweiller mix named for Shawn Colvin (singer/songwriter... Sunny Came Home). Taylor was named for James Taylor, and Buffy was named for the Vampire Slayer. Oh, and I've already got names picked out for any future dogs I may have one day, well boy dogs that is. I'm not looking to get a new dog, though.

2. When I worked at Disneyland during my college years, I was a ride operator on Space Mountain. That's not weird. But after hours, we would ride Space Mountain without restraints, and we'd stand up and turn around. It was all so reckless! I'm not a reckless person, so I don't know why I did that. Peer pressure... I could have been killed!

3. I have to put lip balm on my lips before I go to sleep.

4. I don't like American Idol. It's too karaoke for me.

5. I used to laugh hysterically whenever my nieces were naughty. My sister really appreciated that (insert sarcasm), and I'm sure she doubts my ability to be an effective parent based on my prior reactions to her children's inappropriate behavior. What can I say? I wasn't the mommy, and they were really funny!

6. I lecture my students on boogers and farts at the beginning of the year. It's just easier to keep the flow of everything if I don't have to witness them "digging for gold", and if they don't upset their tablemates by letting one rip. They are advised to always use a tissue, or I'll bring the box to them. And if they feel gassy to go outside and act like they're getting something out of their backpack. That way, who will ever know what they're really doing? I think it's genius! And it's a practical response to years of working with children who do pick their noses and pass gas in class, if they don't have alternatives presented to them.

Okay, so now that I've disclosed so many personal things, I need to tag a few of you. If you've already been tagged, don't worry about it.

Cherry Blossom Baby
Seeking Sloan
To Tess and Back
AprilMay
The Markmiller Five

After you've posted your Six Weird Things, tag a few more bloggers.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    You crack me up! I lecture my students on those things, too. You have to at that age...otherwise, it becomes a fart/booger fest! You'd think parents would teach them, but I have a sneaky suspicion that some dads just laugh at home when their little boy lets a big one rip.

    And...I am still a HUGE Buffy fan, and someday, I will have enough money to buy the first few seasons on DVD. And also have the time to watch them!!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    Umm, maybe you could come and be a guest speaker in my son's 1st grade class, the topic being Boogers and Farts. I gag every Monday when I volunteer in there...those kids can really stink it up!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    LOL, I can totally relate to #6. I have to give my hubby that lecture all the time. Doesn't work.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    I am in AWE of the Space Mountain standing up thing... girlfriend, you are CRAZY!!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    You must have some interesting days with your students!! And I can't believe you used to do that on Space Mountain!!! Girl, imagine what you would say to your daughter if you caught her doing that!!!

    That's funny about laughing at your nieces, I've done that too and now I'm thinking, uh ohs, pay back time in my future!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home