Monday, April 24, 2006

Weight Watchers


I just had my first experience with WW. I've never really dieted before, but the pounds keep creeping on and I've had it with them. I have a closet full of clothes that I cannot wear anymore, and I don't intend to replace them all. It's not the size that I'm hung up on. It's just that I would prefer to maintain my weight and not move up the scale another five pounds each year. After three or four years, it has really added up. Three weeks in France last summer didn't help, either!

Anyway, I've been wanting to do something for a while now, but I didn't think the amount I needed to lose would be taken seriously at a WW or any other weight loss program. So, I put it off. I talked with a friend at work, and she spoke very highly about WW, and I decided to give it a try. I like the points thing. I'm pretty good about writing things down and keeping track like that. Next Monday's weigh-in will show if it's effective for me, or not...

Ultimately, I want to be lean and healthy for my daughter. I want to have energy to play with her and take care of her, and as she gets older I want her to be proud of me. I don't want her to think I'm old and frumpy!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    WW is a good way to start learning about choosing the right foods and controling portion sizes. I was very impressed with emphasis on health in general. Though my experience proved that I sucked at controling my sugar and a carb in take. I did however learn that those were my biggest hangups. Good luck and congratulations. ~ Fran

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Wahoo, another thing in common! I have been doing WW for about 4 months and am 6 lbs away from my goal weight!! You go girl. I can email you some low points yummy snacks if you want!

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Good for you! That's awesome! Sadly, I know EXACTLY how I can loose weight. It involves:

    1. No more mochas.
    2. No more fast food.
    3. No more pizza.

    Someday, somehow, I might be able to give up the above things. Except for number 1.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's funny, I started the Curves 6-week solution with a friend of mine. Curves is a womens workout place, I don't know if you have them in CA. I don't work out there but we meet once a week for weigh-in, 30min class. I too wanted to lose those pounds that have crept(sp) up over the past few years. I am doing the higher protein diet and the first week I lost 4.5 lbs, although the weekend of food poisoning/stomach bug had alot to do with that number I believe. But, if I continue at that rate I will meet my goal in less than 4wks! Ha! Good luck!!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    DIETS! AHHHHH!!! EVIIIILLLL!

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger S. Meissner said…

    I hope WW is the answer for you!

    I'm working on getting healthier (and slimmer) as we wait to start the paperchase. It's something that I can do without going absolutely crazy in the meantime.

    Two things have mave made a HUGE difference for me:
    1. No more regular soda!
    2. No eating after 8pm

    Good Luck!

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, you've inspired me to try again. Well, your enthusiasm and my fatty liver... I need to lose 60lbs! I am wondering if the local group or the online group is the way to go, which are you doing? ~ Fran

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Good for you girl! I'm in the toning up and get in shape mode too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home