Thursday, May 11, 2006

Everything's Coming Up Roses


English Sachet - hybrid tea, but very similar to the English roses.


Iceberg - a great landscaping rose. It blooms all the time.


Evelyn - a David Austin. My personal favorite, although it's not in full bloom, yet. It's stunningly beautiful and highly fragrant. This bush survived the most callous treatment by some landscapers a couple years ago. It has forgiven me by growing back as healthy and beautiful as it was before they dug it up in the middle of summer and threw it on the grass!


Leonardo da Vinci - usually blooms just once a season, but twenty or more blooms like this on one bush make a strong statement.

Roses are my favorite flowers. My home has a rose theme throughout, and my yard has about twenty different types of rose bushes. Since I got around to pruning them later than I should have, they are beginning to bloom just now. I can't tell you how much I enjoy these first blooms, so I thought I'd share them with you so that you can enjoy them too.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Beautiful! I love roses too. I was just admiring the little buds on my rose bushes today.

    Tiffany

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Thus, Jillian *Rose*! What a lovely connection! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Gosh They are beautiful. What a beautiful backdrop they will make for Jillian also :D

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Wow, I can almost smell them!

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    WOW - those are awesome! And Jenny's right - what gorgeous backdrops for future photos with Jillian!

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Those are stunning! Roses are my favorite flower too.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said…

    I need to get some that will survive our hot, humid Florida days. I love roses. Thank you for sharing!

    Alyson

     

Post a Comment

<< Home