Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Finals...



I'm taking the day off to finish my final paper for this block. There are five blocks in this program and after today I will have completed two of them. This class has been Assessment and Inclusion for Diverse Classrooms. Fascinating, huh? I'd post my final paper, but I don't want to flaunt my genius (or bore you to death).

What has been far more stressful to me than finishing this final paper, has been registering for the next class which starts next Wednesday. I always register a little on the late side because I hate parting with $2k every ten weeks. So, when I tried to register online Saturday morning, I found out that the system would be down until Tuesday morning. When I got home from work yesterday I tried to register again, but was told that I was on a hold status because of missing transcripts. I know I requested those transcripts back in November or December from two other universities, and that the checks I wrote to pay for them have cleared long, long ago.

Finally got to talk to a live person this morning and it turns out that my transcripts have spent the last six months in an 'orphan' file because they couldn't figure out that my last name had changed since college. Come on! Most of the women in my cohort must have married since college and have different last names. I have not ever been married, but changed my last name when I was pursuing my musical dreams six years ago.

Now I have to wait another 24-48 hours for them to update the system before I can register. It seems unlikely that I will receive my materials before the class begins. Oh, well...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    That sounds so frustrating! why does it seem sometimes that you have to jump through hoops just to accomplish simple things??? hope this gets resolved soon so you can get some peace of mind.

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Gosh if it's not delays in the adoption process, you have them also in the education process! You are doing an awesome job keeping up with everything!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger SARA said…

    Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I have a friend that went to NOVA- theater/ed major for her masters. That was a few years ago though.
    Good luck on your paper!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home