Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sacramento


Well, twelve of my precious documents are on the way to Sacramento to spend a little time with the Secretary of State. It was difficult to let them out of my hands! It's terrifying to think of them being lost! I used FedEx, so they should be okay. I included a FedEx envelope and shipping label for them to be returned to me also.

I went ahead and sent them now, even without the I-171H because I think a couple of the documents might be rejected. A friend, who is a notary, pointed out that on two of the documents the notaries had not used the required wording that the state had begun to require in January of this year. So, if they're going to be stringent about the wording and reject them, I'll have a few weeks to have them notarized again before the I-171H arrives. Otherwise, if I were to hold off and they were rejected, it would delay my DTC. I'm just trying to think ahead and anticipate things before they take me by surprise and bum me out!

9 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Crossing my fingers that things work out for you :D

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    That is exciting! I did the same thing with my documents. You are not far behind me! I will be DTC 5/5/05. Whoo hoo!!

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    cool beans!! you are a fast worker!

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger glo said…

    Sounds both scarey and exciting. Ihope the paperwork goes through without a hitch.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    It's hard to let those papers out of your hands....you've worked so hard for them!

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Whew.... DTC is just around the corner.... I just read your post on your aunt's trip..... How heartbreaking... I just wish she could have taken her back here with her and we all could have fought over who got to love her!!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I loved the paperchase...hope the documents are a-ok and the I171 comes quickly!

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Sooo exciting!! How fun to be able to move to the next phase! Especially since I am in the, uh, "Waiting until I can get an equity loan" phase. I mean, I have like 4 years to go. My oldest son will be graduating HS before we get his sister, but that's OK, because she's getting his room. ;) I am praying for safety for your paperwork!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its so frustrating- waiting. We are also waiting on our I-171H (101 days). Good luck and keep blogging

     

Post a Comment

<< Home