Monday, May 08, 2006

Winning Points!

I'm telling you... This WW thing really works! I just weighed in this afternoon and I've lost a total of 5.2 pounds in just two weeks. The only thing is that now I can only consume 20 points worth of food per day. That's down from 22 points a day. Oh, well... Those points can be earned back by exercising - something I'm not very consistent about. I'd be much better about a daily walk if I had a buddy to go with. Yes, I can take one of the dogs with me, but neither of them is much of a conversationalist. If I talk to them while we walk, people give us funny looks... I have been walking a mile with my class most days right before we go home. Surprisingly, they love it.


I ordered this WW book from amazon.com last week. It has some really great recipes in it, and none of them takes more than 30 minutes to prepare. I'm looking forward to cooking something out of it soon.

10 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I wish I lived closer- I would come and walk with you!! Awesome job. I remember when I went from 22 to 20....LOL. My favorite 2 point treat is a bag of Orville Red. 94% fat free Kettle Corn- it is 2 pts for the WHOLE BAG!!! Yahoo....

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said…

    THat is when I always start to mees it up, when my points go down. I get used to a certain amount, and then it messes me up. That is good for two weeks!
    Lisa

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    jillian, you are one disciplined chicky!!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    umm... or JOANNAh

    sorry about the slip!

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Gen said…

    Congratulations - that is WONDERFUL!!!!

    I agree with Lisa that it's kind of a letdown when you do so well and then your points go down. BUT you can do it.

    Let's see if I can remember - Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, fudgsicles, gardenburgers...oh I need to go and look at my stuff.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Congrats! I didn't lose any last week, but I also didn't gain any...a plus considering!

    Tiffany

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Yay for you! I went to a meeting today, but I lost 5 lbs. on my own in the last week. It really does work! I need a walking buddy too. My husband works nights and I hate to go alone.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    I'm pulling out my point chart..thingy...again! You have totally inspired me. Way to go! Only, I'm afraid I will use up all my points on mochas. Actually, I'm pretty certain of it...

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Some of the weight watchers cookbooks are really good. I don't remember the name, but their is one that has salmon baked in parchment AND vegetable enchiladas in it. They are both delicious. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Joannah, can you let me know how you like this book when you get it? I really like the WW points program and it would be great to have a quick recipe book with the point values for each recipe!

    Donna :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home