Monday, June 19, 2006

Delight & Disappointment


Today I had the delight of meeting Christi for lunch at The Grove in Los Angeles. She is such a sweetheart! We did a little browsing in Pottery Barn Kids and Janie and Jack before we sat down to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Christi is so down-to-earth and easy to talk to. We conversed easily about our adoption experiences thus far and our hopes for the future. After lunch we went into the American Girl store. That place is amazing! It's a huge department store devoted to the whole American Girl experience. They even have a cafe and a theater! We both agreed that we should return one day with our daughters.

Christi gave me these sweet little onesies for Jillian. They have roses on them! Thank you, Christi.


My disappointment was that by the time I got over to the Chinese Consulate at 3:02 p.m., they were closed for the day. Guess I should have read my receipt because it does say that's when they close. While I am bummed that I didn't get to pick up my documents today, all is not lost. I will drive back up tomorrow morning, get them copied, and mail them via FedEx in the afternoon. I have no doubt that I will make my agency's deadline of 2 p.m. Wednesday. I should still be DTC on Friday!

8 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    What a fun day (except for the consulate being closed- 3:00 who would have thought?) I love the cheesecake factory, hope you ate a piece for me.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What a great way to spend your day! As you said, you'll still make it in as planned. Congrats in advance! :0)

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    bloggers meeting in real life?! what madness is this! ;-)

    and, omg... LA?! ack!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    That is so great that you had the chance to meet someone who you can share the highs and lows of this journey! What a blessing! I wish I could have been there with yall! I look forward to your "I'm offically DTC" post at the end of the week!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Kristin, I thought you were an LA girl once! Now you're ensconced behind the Orange Curtain, huh? ;-)

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    Sounds like a great day wish I was there. I have 10-15 days of critical review before DTC you may beat me after all. How about lunch in July when I'm in Santa Monica for a week? I would love to meet you too.

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    What a fun day!!! Christi, great shopping....Soon DTC!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Ok, I agree with Julie's comment - I'm so jealous! You got to meet another single-momma, an awesome lunch and then shopping also!!! What a fun day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home