Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Frustrating Ordeal


My next class for my master's program begins tomorrow. I have spent the last week and a half trying to register for this class. Through no fault of my own, there was an admissions hold placed on my file and that prevented me from registering. The problem was identified last Wednesday, and I was told then that I'd be able to register in 24 to 48 hours. That didn't happen. Here we are nearly a week later and I will finally be registered today - so they say...

I have been on the computer and the phone with the university since 5:30 a.m. In order to register, I had to circumvent the online registration process and fax a registration request to the university. Because this was taking so much time and it must be done today, I had to call for a substitute teacher to take my class for the first half of the day. I was at Kinko's by 8 a.m. in order to send my fax to the university.

The only good thing - I felt "cute" enough to have Kinko's take those little pictures for my dossier this morning. I like how the pictures turned out and I can check that off my list.

Now I'm still waiting on that elusive I-171H. Another family in my area responded to an email of mine and said they waited 7.5 weeks for theirs two months ago. So, I'm preparing myself to wait for another 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking I'll be DTC in July rather than June. Sigh...

5 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    July is a GREAT month- not only was Katie Mei born on July 8th, but I was born on July 7th....LOL. Hang in there, friend. I am praying for you!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    More in common, I have had to register by fax for my last 2 masters classes, because of holds on my account. I needed immunizations to take Internet classes. I may spread viruses through the keyboard you know. I am still waiting for 1 of my books from Amazon 3 weeks into the class. I will pay the bookstore prices in the future.

    BLW I think I’m going to win the Golden Ticket race.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Sorry to hear the registration process continued to be a pain. The bright side is that your photos are cute!!! Now that is a big thing!!! :)

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, since misery loves company I just couldn't resist posting...I too am in the China paper chase stage; yesterday I knocked on the door of the great and powerful Oz (read: called the 171H office) and lo and behold, she's out of the office from June 2 until June 20; how dare she take a vacation during my hour of need...what is up with that? I can however call Greta if it is an emergency but Greta has no extension number, so close yet so far...:)

    My mantra: He who endures with patience is a conqueror

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Ava Baby said…

    Waiting is so hard. You'll be DTC soon, very soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home