Thursday, June 15, 2006

Getting Closer...



Made it to the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles yesterday afternoon. It was a minimum day at school, so the kids were dismissed at 12:20 pm, and my wonderful principal gave me the rest of the afternoon off so that I could go to LA.

My mom met me at my house and we made copies of the documents at Kinko's before we hopped on the freeway. We found the consulate without any trouble - we even found a parking spot with an hour's worth of time left in the meter.

After a short wait, I was able to leave the documents for the authentication service, and I will return on Monday afternoon to pick them up - after I've had lunch with a certain somebody you may know of! More on that next week!

10 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    That is a very cute picture of you!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What great news! I can't wait to hear how the mystery lunch turns out. Wish I could be there ;0) Have fun with Christi!

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    You are almost there!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    It must have felt great to be able to hand-deliver them yourself... of course it will feel even better picking them up on Monday!

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    Awesome you must be so excited!!!

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    What a nice boss to let you off. You are so close to the end great pic!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    You are SO close now! I'm so excited for you!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    WAHOOOOO!!!!!!! Come on Consulate!! : ) Cute photo!!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Mrs Pushy said…

    Every step brings you closer to your little one- and apparently lunch with a celebrity??!!!! We want to hear all about it!

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    WAHOO!!! You are so close to that magical DTC date!!! Good for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home