Friday, June 30, 2006

Hunkering Down

Instead of relishing four days off this long holiday weekend, I'll be exercising my intellect. There's an 8:55 p.m. deadline on Tuesday (hello, the Fourth of July!) on my first big assignment for this class I'm taking. So, I need to get busy and crank out this five part paper over the next three days.

Lest you think I'm one of those educators who just can't get enough of school myself (in education we call those "Life Long Learners" - barf), please know I am not. I never intended to pursue a master's degree. But for the fact that my district will give me a nice raise when I finish my program, I'd say forget it. I am a good student, but it's not that enjoyable anymore, especially since it's summertime. I would rather be sipping a mojito and reading a novel! Have a drink for me this weekend! ;-)

************************************

Update: Come to find out this is a THESIS! It has been veiled in all the class handouts with a different name all along - Action Research Project. Finally, in the directions tonight, I came across one sentence that acknowledges that it is indeed a thesis. Sheesh... What have I gotten myself into? Yikes!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I'll be glad to have a nice drink for you tomorrow when I am off call.

    Grad school WILL pass....oh, how I remember those days! My advisors were trying to push me right into the PhD program but I put the brakes on. I am perfectly happy in clinical practice and don't have any aspirations of finding myself teaching at university. So, NO PhD for me....I'd much rather hang with my coming daughter ;0)

    You are smart to get this out of the way before Jillian arrives!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Love the music! Bummer you have to spend the long holiday week end working on your paper :( BTW- what is a mojito?

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    I know what you mean! I'm not a life long learner type either, but I can't pass up a free education or a raise!

    tiffany

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    I will be joining you behind the computer this weekend as well. Life long idiots we are to give up our free time what little we have. Hang in there it will be over soon.

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    Good luck on the class work. Just remember all work and no fun......

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Gook Luck!! One step closer to having more $$$ to spend on sweet Jilly Bean! :)

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Sorry you are having to work this weekend. Can you give yourself some little rewards along the way? You are going to be so happy that you did this.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    Sounds like you've gotten yourself into a lot of work!

    Our district calls it professional development! I think they just try to give it fancy names so it won't seem like school. I feel for you, I've been there, and I know the pain. It will all be over soon! Then you can CELEBRATE!!!!

    Good Luck with the assignment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home