Friday, June 09, 2006

It's Here!


Isn't that the prettiest little envelope you've ever seen? Well, it made my day! That envelope holds my I-171H - the long awaited for approval from USCIS to bring Jillian home next year.

When I got home, I was taking the mail out of the mailbox and it was the first thing I noticed. I knew what it was right away. I hollered, "Thank you, Lord!" and a few whoohoos along with a little dance step. My neighbors probably think I've been at an early Happy Hour! Actually, a celebratory libation does sound appealing...

The last hour and a half has been a blur of activity. I quickly gathered what I needed to go and have a friend notarize the copy of the I-171H and it's being overnighted to a courier in Sacramento. If all goes well, I'll have it authenticated and back in my hands by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

I will be DTC this month!

17 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Yippee!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Congrats!!!!! :D

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Hurray! I am so happy for you! This will really help you get through the next week. :)
    I am praying for you!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    That's great news! Congratulations.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Joannah,

    I've been following your blog for a while now, and I'm so excited to think that we'll be DTC the same month! I know just what you mean by the excitement. I was so excited when I got mine, I forgot to close the garage door as I drove away to work. Congratulations!! I'm glad we'll be enduring the wait together.

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger Mariah said…

    SUPER!!! I am soo happy for you!!

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    It's a tie!!!!!!!! I got mine yesterday too. Lets race to the finish I can see the line we are neck and neck.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    YAYAYAYAYA!!!!! I am so happy for you.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Doing the happy dance for you!!!! DTC in June!!!! Congrats!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Congratulations!!!!!! This is huge news! Have a great weekend celebrating.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger glo said…

    Alright!! Off and running again. It is so much Hurry up and wait etc. BUT eventually the wait is over. One more big step is done!!!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Puddin' said…

    Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    GREAT NEWS! Things seem to be moving pretty quickly for you!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    Woo hoo! I'm so happy for you!

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    whoo hoo! I remember how happy and excited I was to get that "pretty envelope" too. Mom had come down and the three of us were headed to 6 flags and I just thought I'd check the mail box. There it was, so we had to take a detour to the bank to get it notorized, to the courthouse (in GA it has to be county authenticated too) then in the Fed Ex box to the SOS! Then we headed to six flags in a very good mood!

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats! I am glad for you--your DTC is in sight!

    J. in Colo.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!

    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home