Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mission Accomplished!


After a morning spent in horrible traffic - there was a SIG Alert on the 101 Freeway - I made it back to the Chinese Consulate and had my documents in hand in no time. There was an extra $45 charge though. Actually, that was the parking ticket I received for parking on a street during street sweeping day! I will say that a nice gentleman warned me before I went into the building about the parking enforcement that was patrolling the streets, but I told him I'd take my chances. I don't think today is a good day to buy a lotto ticket...

When I got back to Long Beach, I went to Kinko's to copy everything twice - that was another $20 or so - and then I placed it all in a FedEx package for AWAA. It was nearly three inches thick and weighed 1.95 pounds. It's costing $45.29 to get it to Virginia by tomorrow morning! Sheesh!

My agency only sends dossiers on Fridays, and you have to get your dossier to their office by 2 p.m. on Wednesday in order to make the Friday shipment. Provided that my documents are given final approval, I will be DTC this Friday! I feel a great sense of accomplishment now for all the work I've done over the last four months, or so. Now, if the CCAA can keep the wait at 12 months, I should receive a referral next June or July. I can handle that!

12 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    OMG - Joannah this is so exciting that your documents are complete! I can't wait to see your official DTC date on your blog!!! :)

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Wahoooo! Congrats on crossing this HUGE hurdle!

    Here's hoping for a June LID!

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    DTC! DTC! DTC! I'm rooting for you!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Congrats! You know, I was DTC on May 9th and LID May 18th! Here's to hoping you are as fast from DTC to LID as I was!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    Me too! We are true adoption sisters in this journey I am so glad I found you. We can keep each other company in blog land for the next 12 months. See ya in China :)

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Its Beautiful isn't it! Congrats!!

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Congratulations Joannah! I'll have my fingers crossed hoping you get a June LID.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Whew!!!! DTC... so soon!!!! I am so excited!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    woot! you are paperwork pregnant!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Ok, when and where for dinner???!!!! I am so happy for you.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    It feels so good to hear those 3 words- DTC!! Way to go. Sorry about your parking ticket though- that's a bummer.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Can't wait for you to post that you have offially received your LID, but being almost DTC is nearly as good! Hope the time goes quickly while youait to hear!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home