Saturday, June 24, 2006

New Friends


Yesterday afternoon I received a call from Paulette and we talked for the longest time. I really enjoyed our conversation and we seem to have a lot in common. Paulette was DTC the day before I was - so we will be enduring the wait together, and hopefully we'll see each other in China next year! Luckily, we don't have to wait until then to meet, as Paulette will be in Southern California next month and we're going to try to get together then. I never would have thought that I'd actually be making new friends because of this adoption experience. Oh, the wonders of the internet!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    You are so sweet. I am glad I found you in blog land. It has been so fun to see who was going to make the next step first. I hope we get LID on the same day, get our referrals on the same day, who knows, who knows, our draughts may be crib mats. I look forward to spending time with you next month celebrating our LID. I see this as a friendship made in blog land forever.

    I'm at school all day UNR in my masters class cool I can be on line to better start paying attention;)

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I have made some amazing blogger friends too!!!! You are one of them... I will look you up when I get to S. CA.... We are all a large support net to each other!!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I have been amazed at the great people I have met through the adoption community, blogging and the like. Present company INCLUDED.

    No one can deny that we share a unique and common bond. I am confident that some of the relationships will last a lifetime. Hmmm.....southern Cal sounds wonderful about now.

    There are many great Cal adoption bloggers. We should figure out a central meeting time and place. I'd dash there all the way from midwest central = OH :0)

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    All are welcome to visit the LA/OC area as far as I'm concerned. Come on out! ;-)

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I'm sure glad we "met" online! Adoption is such a wonderful thing to have in commong. Now if you just didn't live on the other side of the country...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home