Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What's In Your Pantry?

Lacking anything adoption-related to blog about, and challenged by Julie to reveal the contents of our cupboards, I share with you my pantry.


The top shelf has items that I hardly ever have need for. In fact, as I'm looking at them now, several of them should be tossed. Note to self: clean pantry this summer...

The second shelf down has my rices and pastas. The third shelf down has teas, supplements, and some random items like crackers and instant oatmeal. The bottom shelf is the one I go to most often. It holds my spices, cooking oils, and vinegars.

I have another portable cabinet on the other side of the stove for canned goods.

I have to admit that while I enjoy cooking, I don't do it very often. The following pictures may give you some insight as to why not.




That's right - no counter space! I guess back in 1943 (the year my house was built) counter space wasn't a priority. Someday I'm going to have a new kitchen with lots of counter space, and then I will cook more often. I will!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    ohhh, I'm envying your organized pantry! Way to go on being DTC! My LID was 10 after my DTC- but heard that had slowed down to... but maybe it's speeded back up again?

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Hee hee....I just took my pantry pics. I wish they were as tidy as yours. Soon to come. Yes, it is true, I will have to change my pantry habits before my daughter arrives ;0)

     
  • At 5:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I love your kitchen - really cute!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    You are too funny! I don't have to post a picture of my pantry. I can just tell you: JUNK. FOOD. And possibly, although I hope not, little tiny black ants.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just found your blog---you're so close to me. Come on over if you're up near Santa Monica/Malibu. :)
    Very organized pantry and congrats on being DTC!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Everyone's pantry looks so good! No way I'm showing mine! You'd probably call my social worker and they'd reposess Gwen! (can you say "too much sugar?? But I swear I don't feed her that! GULP.... BLUSH.... it's mine)

    ;)

    Donna

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Great pantry!!!! I love the old homes but you are right about the lack of counter space.... I have a 100 yr old house.... but after living in a non-existent counter space, I remodeled an new modern one.... Plus it is hard to cook for one when you are single... you will be cooking more when Jillian is here!!!

    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home