Sunday, June 25, 2006

You Must See This Movie!


I had heard about End of the Spear last year at church and I was very interested in seeing it in the theater. It came out at a time when I was really busy and I just didn't have time to go see it. Now it's out on DVD. I rented it last night and I think it will be one of my favorite movies for a long time to come.

End of the Spear
tells the true story of Nate Saint, an American missionary living in the Ecuadorian jungle in the 1950s. In attempting to make first contact with an extremely violent group of native people, Saint and four of his fellow missionaries are murdered by the very people they seek to help. The events that follow are truly inspiring as the wives and children left behind choose to live with the people who killed their husbands and teach them a way of life beyond violence and revenge. The movie is about Christian missionaries, but it's not overtly religious. I think the message of forgiveness, sacrifice, and redemption are universal in their appeal.

There is some graphic violence, so it's not really a good movie for young children.

Put this one on your list of summer rentals!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    It sounds like a movie I would LOVE!!!! I have never heard of it... can you get it in ANY Video rental place????

    Lisa

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    I am wanting to see it to - I saw the documentary called "Beyond Gates of Splendor" - LOVED that too! By the way - what is the song on your blog - I love it.
    Becky

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I saw that in the theater! I really enjoyed it too. I got a lot of grief from my movie mates because the critics were not nice at all. Still, when it was over they had liked it as well.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    Congrats on being DTC Joannah!!!! I was away from my computer for a week so just read your news. I'll change your status on my blog links!

    (Sorry this comment has nothing to do with this post, LOL.)

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Becky,

    The song is 'Whole New You' by Shawn Colvin.

    :-)

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    I missed this when it was in the theatre. By the time, we had a chance to see it, it was no longer around, Thank goodness for DVDs & Netflix

     

Post a Comment

<< Home