Friday, July 07, 2006

Good Wishes for Jillian

For those of you who emailed me requesting quilt squares, they are on the way to you as of today!

I've decided not to make a OHGWQ for Jillian. GASP! I know, I know... I have my reasons and they mostly have to do with the fact that I don't quilt, or sew, or knit, or anything along those lines. I had a hard enough time cutting out the quilt squares with pinking shears. You should have seen me...

What I'd like to do instead is fill this


with as many good wishes in the form of scrapbook pages from family, friends, maybe even my students, and my blogging buddies as possible. I just loved the beautiful embossed cover and the floral design. I was able to personalize it with Jillian's initial, too.

If you would like to contribute to Jillian's Good Wishes Book, I'd be delighted. Just design a scrapbook page to fit. The scrapbook holds 8.5" x 8.5" papers. Make sure you include your name and where you live on the page, and a picture of you and yours would be great, but isn't required. Email me if you have any questions.

p.s. I have lots of fabric left over. If you still need quilt squares for your OHGWQ, email me with your address and I will be happy to risk my life again with the pinking shears to send one to you! ;-)

Merci, beaucoup!

11 Comments:

  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Beautiful idea...I'll put you on my list!

    LOVE the album :0)

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    What a great idea! I decided against making a quilt too for the same reasons you have. Since I'm back in my scrapbooking mood I'll be happy to contribute!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I will attempt to do a page.... I am new to the scrapping thingy.... REMEMBER... It is the THOUGHT that counts if it doesn't turn out cute!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Lisa, I'm not expecting perfection. Just something made with love! :-)

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    Count me in I will. It's second on the list after the masters project is submitted on Tue.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    That's such a great idea. I should have done that. Instead I have a bunch of quilt squares and wishes sitting in my living room staring at me. I really need to do something with them!

    Tiffany

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Fun idea! I picked out some pretty scrapbook paper from the craft store today. I can't wait to make sweet Jillian a Good Wish page!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I definitely want in on this, but just want to tell you that it may take me quite a while. I have projects galore and I am trying to get focussed. But someday you will recieve one from me : )

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    It's beautiful, and I will be making a page for her! :)

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Joannah,
    I *love* Ellie's quilt square. Roses!! Perfect from you and Jillian! Plus the wish is beautiful and so pretty. I will get started on a scrapbook page for Jillian. Glad your only criteria was created with love! =)

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    I'd love to make a page for her album!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home