Thursday, July 06, 2006

I Hate These...


My neighborhood is besieged by crows, and I hate them. They are so noisy and aggressive. I think they are the bird equivalent of rats. And to think that they are classified as songbirds! What song? That's a squawk!

A few years ago there was a crow in the neighborhood that I got a big kick out of. It knew how to cock-a-doodle-do like a rooster! It was hilarious! I've heard they are smart (yeah, smart for a bird...) and that they can learn to mimic. This bird must have spent a lot of time over at the equestrian center about a mile away where they keep chickens and roosters as part of their petting zoo. I don't know where else he would have learned to do that around here.

My grandfather was also one to hate crows (maybe it's genetic?). He loved songbirds, and crows prey on baby birds. Of course they do! They're pure evil! Anyway, when my sister was a kid, our grandfather was driving her to her piano lesson and there was a crow in the street. He aimed for it and hit it with his car! I think he was surprised that he actually hit it, and he might have felt a little bit badly for doing so. He told my sister not to tell anyone what he'd done!

Now please don't flame me for my crow hatred, or try to convince me that crows have some hidden worth. I'm not buying it! They are nasty little creatures.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Hmmmm...ever see 'The Birds'? I'm not a mean bird fan either. I have nasty blue jays who poop on everything twice...except the moles, of course ;0)

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    I have mixed crow feelings, fears and fascination. I once lived in a place where one always tried to follow me, ick!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home