Tuesday, July 18, 2006

June Bugs & July Fireflies

On the recommendation of several of you out there in the blogosphere, I joined both the June and July DTC groups. However, with a July LID, I think I'm identifying more with that group because I imagine I'll travel with more of them than members of the June group. But who knows for sure!

With the wait times looking so lousy, it's nice to have a group of people to hang with that know what you're going through - that's what makes blogging so rewarding. I'm also looking forward to having some fun with my Secret Pals. I've decided that I'll participate in the July Secret Pals, although I did the first cybershower with the June group.

I think it was my suggestion that the July group adopt the fireflies theme, and while we haven't made a final decision on the logo, there are some really talented and creative people who have come up with several ideas to choose from. Here's the one I like the most right now, but any of the ideas I've seen would be great.



Eventually, once the logo is chosen, we'll be selling items through Cafe Press and donating the proceeds to Half the Sky.

12 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Wow, what a great logo and kudos to you for suggesting the cool name! Would you believe my May DTC group is still working on a logo? You guys are on the ball!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I LOVE that logo! So pretty. I came in later on my DTC group and the logo is not nearly so attractive.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    The logo is breath taking. I'm so impressed. You must have a very talented DTC group. Our group (July Dragonflies) went around for a quite a while choosing a name. It does mean a lot to belong to a group of people who know what it's really like to wait, and wait, and wait....

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Adorable! I love it. I vote for that one. Perhaps you can get my vote to count, and then yours will count for two. ;)
    That's the thing about adopting from Vietnam...not so many cool things like secret pals and such! Oh well; that's not what is important anyway. But it IS fun.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    I LOVE that logo! It's gorgeous. I'm also in the June group(DTC 6-5-06 don't know LID yet)and saw your name there. I didn't do the first cybershower but may participate at some point. I signed up for the Secret Pal though. What do ya think of the logos for June? I voted on the first one.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    pretty pretty logo... i love it! (btw: i was an april firefly!)

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    That logo is beautiful and the name is great. I hope both win. I suggested that you join both groups but you'll probably only really want to get involved in the July one. It will be nice for you though when June starts getting their referrals to be able to check in. Our June group closed membership as it got close so I only got news through people in the July group that belonged to both.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    LOVE this logo, hope it's the winning one. I think it would look great on the CafePress items.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Oooh, pretty!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Oh funny, this really confused me for a minute until I realized you were talking about 2006. I'm in the 2005 July Dragonflies group. Geez I have been logged in FOREVER if I now have to specify what year. Sob!

    Beautiful logo...

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Beautiful logo & love the Faith Hill song too, very appropriate.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Stephe said…

    The LOGO is just BEAUTIFUL! I hope it wins!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home