Sunday, July 16, 2006

New Things For Jillian

I have pretty much stopped purchasing clothes for Jillian. With absolutely no idea how much longer the wait may be, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to keep buying clothes. If I had a better idea of the time of year she'd be coming home, I'd keep stocking up! However, I was at Target yesterday and these little slipper/boots were inexpensive and way too cute to pass up!


Baby dolls seem to be a safe purchase, so I keep adding to the collection. This baby is La Newborn, by Berenguer. I found her at Mandy's Moon. That brings the doll count to five.


I just started reading Zoey's Adoption Journey. Stephanie is a photographer and an artist. You can see her collection here. I love her work! I've already purchased some Mary Engelbreit prints for Jillian's room, but several of Stephanie's pieces are really tugging at my heart. Maybe if I purchase the right kind of frames, I can rotate out a couple sets of prints...

Other than that, I'm just trying to write the research component of my thesis. I'm finding this to be the most challenging writing I've done so far. It's difficult to take 18 sources and synthesize that information into a report. This class will be over two weeks from Tuesday, and I will get a breather in August. I think I can hang on for just that much longer!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    You've certainly been keeping busy. I adore the little sherpa boots. The baby doll is cute too...time for me to check out Mandy's Moon again and get a little fix.

    I'm almost afraid to see beautiful art! My credit card is way too close-by!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Somehow my credit card crawled up to the computer all by itself! I ordered the 'Faith, Hope, Love' by Stephanie. It will go great in Jadyn's crib area :0) Thanks for giving me another way to spendy da money!

    PS - I sent you a little LID treat but just noticed today that it was backordered and you won't receive it until August. So, just so you don't think I've lost it when you get a 'Happy LID' surprise in August I thought I would let you know. Now, stop shopping before you have two (which is usually not a bad thing ;0)

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    The link to the adoption art is awesome! Also THANK YOU so much for the beautiful quilt square. I am working on a wish for Jillian.

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Mariah said…

    Love the little boots! I am anxious to find out how far this month's referrals go. You are right we will just have to trust Him even more! Have a great week and good luck on your paper!

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Jillian will be so cute in her boots! Sorry you are having to work so hard right now, but it will all be worth it.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    I too am going to get the Faith Hope Love. Green and purple are the colors I am going to use for the nursery. You are the greatest. Don't work too hard.

    PS: If it’s not the right season down there for the booties they will always work in Tahoe so you will have to come for a visit.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    I love those little booties! Target is the best!

    I'm going to check out Mandy's Moon. I love that doll.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hello!

    Thanks for checking out my artwork and for referring people to me! I love what I do and I'm hoping to add many more pieces of art to the site soon! It's easy to create images that are close to your heart!

    You have a wonderful blog... and I love the little booties!!! How adorable!!!

    Stephanie
    http://zoeysjourney.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home