Friday, July 14, 2006

No Surprise Here

You Belong in Paris

You enjoy all that life has to offer, and you can appreciate the fine tastes and sites of Paris.
You're the perfect person to wander the streets of Paris aimlessly, enjoying architecture and a crepe.

Happy Bastille Day! I was in Paris last year on Bastille Day. It was hotter than aych ee double hockey sticks! I was on a Rick Steve's city tour, and our guide, Arnaud, decided to take us down to the parade. But because he didn't want to get up too early to get a spot on the Champs Elysees (he was a bit of a prissy, little guy), we ended up on the banks of the Siene. It was so hot! Oh, did I mention that already?

We did get to see a parade of jets and other flying vehicles over the Siene that was very impressive. Arnaud reminded us repeatedly that we were seeing "zay best" military jets in "zay world"! The French are very sure of themselves.

After that, I spent the afternoon in my hotel room with the AC cranked up trying to recover from my heat rash and terribly swollen ankles - I don't do well in extreme temperatures. I did make it out for a delicious dinner with my group, but missed what I later found out was a spectacular fireworks show at the Eiffel Tower - which was just down the street. I do regret not seeing that.

Paris is a beautiful and amazing city. I loved it, and I hope to see Paris again someday with Jillian.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Strangely enough, I belong in Paris too. Alas, I have never been. I'll put it on my 'to do' list somewhere after China! :0)

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    If you read my sevens tag you'll see that going to Paris is one of the seven things I want to do before I die. You're so lucky. I'm jealous. Maybe someday.........

    BTW Joannah I've been following your blog. I'm DTC 6-5-06 but don't know my LID yet. My agency is slow with that for some reason. I've finally just started my own blog, too, with the help of Connie. Nice to finally "meet" you.

    Krista
    DTC 6-5-06 for Mia

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Paris sounds so romantic. Sounds like you have fond memories of Paris. Jillian will be lucky to get to visit Paris with a veteren traveler.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    We were just talking about Rick Steve's at lunch today. Would you recommend his tours? I heard they are pretty intense about their time schedules.

     
  • At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Paris is magical, even when it's hot! We were there in July (50th anniversary of Normandy) and they were celebrating the French Resistance from WWII in Paris and it was so funny (sad funny) because they had a parade and it lasted for over an hour and the only American flag was a tiny one at the very end. In Normandy and Caen they had American flags *everywhere* and were so nice to us.
    I echo what Julie wrote, you would love Barcelona although it's hotter than hell here again today.
    I love your Paris scrapbook, btw. It's so clean in it's design---love that.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Funny, I got Paris too. I also have amazing memories of Paris ... but that could be because my dh proposed to me while on the "Tour Effiel" on April 19th 1997.

    Of course I said "oui!"

    J. in Montreal (moh-reh-al)

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    Can't wait for you to share Paris with Jillian someday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home