Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sevens



Kim M. tagged me for this one. By the way, did you notice that the ladybug has seven spots?

Seven things I want to do before dying:
1. Raise my daughter
2. Be married
3. Have/adopt more children
4. Travel Europe more extensively
5. Drive across country
6. Walk a marathon
7. Learn to speak a foreign language


Seven things I cannot do:
1. Speak a foreign language (yet)
2. Play the guitar
3. Surf
4. Sleep with the light or TV on
5. Sew
6. Touch my toes
7. Watch a Michael Moore movie


Seven things I can do:
1. Teach
2. Sing
3. Write songs
4. Write a thesis (apparently)
5. Wait
6. Hope
7. Dream


Seven things I find attractive in a man:
1. Great sense of humor
2. His smile
3. Intelligence
4. Optimism
5. Humility
6. Compassion
7. Generosity


Seven things I say most often:
1. Boys and Girls!
2. I need your quiet attention.
3. Are you tattling?
4. Where’s your homework?
5. Buffy, what are you doing?
6. Buffy!!!
7. Don’t be naughty! (said to Buffy, of course!)


Seven books I love:
1. The Outlander Series, by Diana Gabaldon (that’s six books right there)
2. The Time Traveler’s Wife, by Audrey Niffeneger
3. Big Stone Gap Trilogy, by Adriana Trigiani
4. Marley & Me, by John Grogan
5. The Best School Year Ever, by Barbara Robinson
6. Barefoot in Paris, by Ina Garten
7. Daughter of Fortune, Isabel Allende


Seven movies I love:
1. O, Brother Where Art Thou?
2. Seabiscuit
3. Finding Neverland
4. Sense & Sensibility
5. Walk the Line
6. Groundhog Day
7. The Chronicles of Narnia – The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

8 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I just love Sense and Sensibility, really enjoyed Finding Neverland and couldn't put down The Time Traveler's Wife. Great list!

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    I used to say that line, Are you tattling ALL of the time. Move to the upper grades and it is like pulling teeth to get someone to tell you what's really going on.
    :)

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger AprilMay said…

    Love the new look! It's beautiful! We ARE so much alike...I love so many of the same things on your list!
    I don't ask them if they are tattling...I ask them if someone's bleeding, barfing or saying a bad word LOL! :)
    MY HUSBAND gave my Time Traveler's Wife book to GOODWILL, so I have to buy a new one! GRRR!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Don't you just love Ina Garten? I'm totally looking forward to her new book coming out this fall!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Great list! I loved the first line of your "7 things to do..." where you said "raise your daughter" - that is awesome!

    Ya know, I don't believe in cloning but if you find a man with all those traits, I might reconsider the cloning aspect! hehe

    Buffy sounds like she enjoys life! Good thing she's found the soft spot in your heart!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I've got the book Marley and ME on the nightstand.... I will be starting real soon!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    Thanks for playing. Loved all of them. Okay so who is this Buffy???

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Buffy is my three year old, yellow Lab. She's very smart and very protective of me, but she's also a barker, a plant killer, and she has the world's smallest bladder. She makes me a little crazy, but I wouldn't trade her for anything!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home