Wednesday, August 23, 2006

All About Books


My favorite tagger is at it again! This time the topic is books. I usually spend a lot of my time during the summer reading. I love to go to the library and bring home a stack of books. This summer I wasn't able to do that with the school work I've had, and I missed it. Next summer will be different!

A book that changed my life - The Other End of the Leash, Patricia McConnell

The dog trainer I hired to work with Buffy and me a couple summers ago recommended this one. I understand my dogs much better because of it and know how to communicate with them more effectively.

A book I have read more than once - The Best School Year Ever, Barbara Robinson
I read this book to my students at the beginning of every school year. I never tire of the Herdmans' shenanigans.

A book to take with me on a deserted island - The Bible
What other book could you read over and over and still learn something new each time? It's a timeless classic! ;-)

A book that made me laugh - Marley & Me, John Grogan
I laughed so hard that I could hardly breathe!

A book that made me cry - The Time Travelers Wife, Audrey Niffenegger
This is a beautiful and amazing story.

A book I wish had been written - How to Lose Weight While Still Enjoying Wine & Cheese
Need I say more?

A book I wish had never been written - Mein Kampf, Evil Nazi Guy
I never read it, but I tried to think of something that led to much pain and destruction; something the world would have been better off if it and its author had never existed.

A book I am currently reading - Sadly, nothing...

I don't have a lot of time right now. :-(

A book I am planning on reading - ???

Do you have any recommendations? I should have some free time for reading in March 2007 - that's when my master's will be completed.

***** Bonus *****

A book series I highly recommend - The Outlander Series, Diana Gabaldon

It's got a little bit of everything. Warning: these books are highly addictive!

People who are now tagged - all book lovers!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I LOVED the Time Traveler's Wife and would highly recommend the book I just finished reading for my on-line book blog, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    OMG!!! I need a man like "Jamie"!
    I'm a fan of "pseudo-historical" fiction...have you read Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman. I traveled through Wales after reading that...sigh... =) I also really enjoyed Snow Flower. Two others in this genre are Inheritance by Lan Samantha Chang and one I got today, My Half of the Sky by Jana McBurney-Lin.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Kim M. said…

    Thanks for sharing. My Mom has read the Outlander Series!

    I recommend "Falling Leaves" a Chinese Cinderella Story. It was moving.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    I'm currently reading "The Waiting Child". I just started it last night and I'm half way through the book already. I know for most this is probably not a big thing for me its huge because I don't read that often. Anyway, so far it's been a WONDERFUL book and I highly recommend it

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Thanks for all the suggestions!

    I have read "Falling Leaves" and "The Waiting Child" which are both great reads, but I think I'm going to have to look for these others at the library the next time I'm there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home